You are viewing a gorgeous kidney bean shaped desk in the English regency style and hand crafted from the finest, sumptuous mahogany. The desk is covered in a lovely brown tooled leather with gold leaf banding to the perimeter and it is very comfortable to work on making this perfect for your home or office (or home office).
The piece has nine drawers, one of which is a double file drawer to the centre. You can only imagine the amount of time and craftmanship that would have gone into a desk like this. There is also some intricate marquetry inlay work including the rosettes to the top and the shaped apron.
Aesthetically it has a dainty, stylish quality to it but it is also very practical with ample work surface space and the nine ormolu handled drawers to the front for all your storage needs. The piece is offered in perfect condition and ready for home use right away.
It is built to last and will serve you for many generations and we are expecting a lot of interest in this fine specimen so get your bids in early. We bought this from a dealer we visit on London’s Westbourne Grove near Notting Hill Gate.
– Wow, this really is a stunning desk, not often you see one like this in walnut
– A Victorian style true partners desk with a kidney bean shape
– Loads of storage on this piece – including of course on the rear of the desk
– Finish is superb, just check out the grain of the walnut
– Writing surface is large and hand covered in the tooled leather surface
– Will ship to anywhere in the world
– Viewings possible in our Hertfordshire showroom, please contact